Environmental stewardship is a key priority in our business as we undertake workscopes in a safe and environmentally responsible manner to prevent pollution and promote preservation of the environment.
Fairfield Decom is committed to conducting business in an environmentally responsible manner that prevents pollution and promotes the preservation of the environment. As we progress our business activities, environmental stewardship of the facilities is a key activity, and in collaboration with industry Regulators we will consult widely on the most appropriate environmental management measures to be applied.
In identifying the environmental impacts of our activities, we will commit to:
- Minimising physical environmental damage and disturbance to flora and fauna;
- Eliminating hazardous discharges to the environment;
- Using environmentally-friendly materials where available and reasonably practicable;
- Optimising energy usage by developing and implementing efficient procedures and equipment;
- Eliminating or reducing waste generation at source;
- Optimising re-use possibilities, waste recovery and recycling; and
- Reducing emissions and carbon footprint.
Our commitment to conducting business in an environmentally responsible manner is embedded in our key principles – business integration, risk assessment, continuous improvement, legal compliance, resource allocation and communication – for superior environmental management.